Russell Flinn Swanky
Russ wrote many articles for the early black & white issues of Mustard, most of which have been reduxed and reprinted in the new colour issues of Mustard (below).
- The Skinny & Nod Dialogues I: Shoe (issue #01)
- The Skinny & Nod Dialogues II: Self (issue #02)
- The Skinny & Nod Dialogues III: Swanky (issue #03)
- The Skinny & Nod Dialogues IV: Sign (issue #04)
- The Skinny & Nod Dialogues V: Bag (issue #05)
- The Skinny & Nod Dialogues VI: Queer (issue #07)
- Star Wars Film Delayed Until Next Stage of Human Evolution (issue #02)
- Mustard TV Guide (issue #02)
- Mustard Movie Guide (issue #03)
- Street Games (issue #07)
In Febuary 2007, about a month or so after I last spoke to Russ (over email - I never met him in 'real life'), I got an email from a friend of his, Stephen Booth, telling me that Russ had passed away: "Russ became suddenly ill on Sunday morning, stopped breathing and died the next day. It was a kidney heamorrage, the doctors said he had no chance."
It was a huge shock, Russ was only 39. I felt I'd got to know Russ via our email exchanges, he was a really nice bloke and a very talented writer. It's a small gesture, but the first issue of the new colour Mustard magazines is dedicated to Russ.